- 28 Sep 2022
- 0 Comments
Mindfulness is used to refer to paying attention in life in general. But it also carries more precise definitions, including the ability to be aware of one's own mind, body, and environment, as well as practices to develop that ability.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness refers to the whole of the practices of being aware of one's mind and developing this ability.
What is the Definition of Mindfulness?
It can be defined as the state of being aware.
What is the Difference Between Meditation and Mindfulness?
Meditation is more of an act of relaxing and relaxing one's mind. Mindfulness, on the other hand, is a phenomenon developed by the method of meditation. Therefore, mindfulness and meditation are related concepts.
How to Do Mindfulness Meditation?
Mindfulness meditation is a step-by-step meditation. The stages are as follows:
- The first thing you need to do is sit in the right position. You can sit wherever you want. Therefore, it is sufficient to have a solid and suitable place to sit. Find the appropriate place, sit down and prepare yourself for the next phases.
- After sitting, look at your legs, what your legs are doing. If you are sitting on a high place such as a chair or sofa, you should ensure that your feet touch the ground.
- Straighten your upper body. Make sure your body is upright and balanced. But don't get stiff, don't hold your body too tight and don't tense while doing this. In this way, your spine will provide its natural curvature. Make your head and neck comfortable over your shoulder.
- Mindfulness meditation, place your upper arms parallel to your upper body. Then put your hands on your legs. With your upper arms at your side, your hands should be down.
- Slowly lower your chin and gaze down. You can also lower your eyelids down. When you have difficulty or need to focus more comfortably, you can lower your eyelids completely.
- Spend a few moments focusing on where you are. Listen to yourself for a while where you are. Bring your attention to your breath and body. Imagine your breath touching every cell of your body.
- Avoid moving your body unnecessarily. Unless there is unbearable itching or physical discomfort, do not change your position.
- When you feel ready to end your meditation, slowly let go. If your eyes are closed, open them, if they are open, close them. Be the opposite of where you are. Take a moment and listen to the sounds outside and notice what's going on. Fully internalize your feelings for a while and decide how you want to continue with the present.
How to Do Mindfulness Exercises?
The exercises you can do are as follows:
- Breathing Exercises: It is a great way to focus on the breath.
- Body Scan: By scanning your body from top to bottom or vice versa, you can check each part of your body one after the other. You can try to control every part of your body, starting with your feet and touching them one by one, all the way up to your head.
- Focusing on Sensations: Your body is home to many sensations. Observing these sensations is also a practice of mindfulness .
- Raisin Exercise: The Raisin Exercise was developed within MBSR and is a highly effective way to apply mindfulness to daily activities. Although this method is based on paying attention to the different parts of eating raisins, you can experience it with any food you want. The steps of the raisin exercise are as follows:
*Wait. Grab the raisins (or any other food of your choice).
*See. Look at the raisin with mindfulness, as if it is something very interesting and you are seeing it for the first time in your life.
* Pay attention to the colour and shape.
*Touch. Feel its texture, its weight. Is it wrinkled or watery?
*Smell. How would you describe the smell? Does it have a specific smell?
*Taste. Chew the raisins slowly. How does it taste?
*Swallow Feel the food going into your stomach.
- Metta Meditation: Metta in Pali or Maitrī in Sanskrit means benevolence, kindness, and compassion. With this meditation you can become aware of good feelings for both yourself and others.
- Gratitude Exercises: You can use these exercises to notice positive details as well as unpleasant ones.
Benefits of Mindfulness Practice
The benefits of the application for you are as follows:
- It allows you to learn from your experiences.
- It facilitates acceptance.
- It makes it easier for you to understand your feelings and yourself.
- It reduces stress and anxiety.
Mindfulness for Beginners
Mindfulness for beginners ; it teaches to change the way of thinking, feeling, loving, working and having fun, thereby awakening to the real self and living the real self as a whole.
What is mindfulness in Simple Terms?
It is a situation in which individuals begin to be the centre of their own preferences and at the same time accept negativities with choices that make them happier.
What are the 4 Basic Elements of Mindfulness?
The 4 basic elements of mindfulness are as follows:
- Be aware
- To be careful
- To remember
- move slow
What are the 5 Fundamentals of Mindfulness Practice?
The 5 foundations of mindfulness are as follows:
- Emotional Mindfulness
- Physical Mindfulness
- Thoughtful Mindfulness
- Social Mindfulness
- Universal Mindfulness